Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Fave, Can't Live Without Cosmetic Item....Alison Raffaele's True Concealer

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share with you some of my favourite cosmetic items that, I not only use on all my clients, but that I use on myself as well. I have faith and confidence in these items and I love, love, love them! First product is Alison Raffaele True Concealer....

Why I love it?

I find that it provides fantastic coverage without seeing and feeling it on your skin. If you have dark circles this concealer is your new best friend. It conceals darkness, or purpleness under the eye that some women get, almost completely. It works well on acne as well. It's great at neutralizing the redness associated with acne and pimples. There is no mineral oil in her concealer so it does not clog pores either.


Don't be frightened by the shades it comes in. I, for the longest time, thought I was a #2 until Alison Raffaele herself came to do an event at BeautyMark and I learned to go a little darker of a shade then you would normally in her line. I am now a #3 and love it! Going just a little bit darker in her concealer provided a much more natural coverage. The common mistake of going too light with your concealer can create a grey chalky look on your skin.

I also find that ARC True Concealer lasts longer than most concealers I've tried. And, for those of us with oily skin it is a godsend to not have your concealer crease or be half-way down your face by noon!

Here are some additional application tips:
  • Choose the shade of True Concealer closest to your natural skintone by matching it to the middle of your cheek.
  • To cover blemishes, use one shade deeper that your natural skintone.
  • If using a liquid foundation, apply liquid foundation first, and then layer concealer on top for added coverage where needed. Finish with a loose setting powder.
  • If using a powder foundation, apply concealer first and then set it in place with a loose setting powder. Finish by applying powder foundation to entire face, blending well.
  • Concealer may be applied with a brush, sponge, or fingers.
  • Concealer is best applied in several thin layers, building coverage by gradually adding more.
  • Setting concealer with a loose setting powder will greatly extend its wear time.

If you like this item you might also like to try: Alison Raffaele Transparent Finish, Alison Raffaele Primer, Alison Raffaele Reality Base Foundation